the bike

the bike

Thursday 21 March 2013

Hey I saw Mickey Mouse today. March 21 2013

Today we went to Disney Hollywood studios.

After a day of rest and hoping that the rain and thunderstorms where behind us. We ventured out again today.

Well the thunderstorms not around today. The weather is a little cooler again. I was dressed for warmer weather but will get over it as the sun starts coming up a little more.

So we set off on our walking walking walking. Great another day of a couple mile walk to the park and then across a couple of busy roads and then through the parking lot together over to the shuttle at animal kingdom to get to Hollywood studios. Today a little problem though. We got caught going across the busy part of the parking lot. A car pulled up and asked us to get in. Security. Oh oh now we is in trouble. Thought we would be taken back out of the park, but low and behold they gave us a ride over to the gate and said please do not do it again. Whew!!! That was a close one. Now when we come back do we get a taxi or do we try walking out again and hope for the best. Figure it out when the time comes I guess. But at least we didn't have to walk across the parking lot.

So now over to the shuttle buss and we where on our way to Hollywood studios. A very short drive. Well we are getting closer to home each time. Well not really home but the resort we are staying in.

Hollywood studios here we come. Through the bag check and then through the gate. Okay where do we go first. I am not sure let me get organized and figure out where things are. Looking at the map and then he just starts walking. I want to see this and I would like to see that. Well where are they. I am not sure give me a minute. Well if I do that we will not see anything and you did not get a schedule of when shows are . Now we are going to miss stuff and not see it all.

So now we start walking. Okay where are we. There is this you want to see that. There is that up ahead do you want to see that. Oh oh I can see the signs that things may not be as good today.

We are finally at the back lot tour. So on we go. Not much of a wait. It is still early in the morning. First section we come to is a special effects of the movie pearl harbour. There is fire, torpedoes, and bullets going off. Lots of water being splashed around. Noisy it is. Then we walk through a building that had all the props for old movies. And then onto a tram. The tram took us into the back lot where we saw a few bigger items from movies. I saw herbie the love bug sitting there along with items from Star Wars and pearl harbour. Disney airplane was sitting back there. The one he used to scout out property in Florida for his new theme park. We then traveled into a set where we hat the tram shaking on a wooden bridge and fire going off and then a huge plummet of water coming down that came dang close to getting us wet. Around we went to where we saw the set for the car show we will go to see later.

After we are off the tram we start our walking again. Come across the animation area and hear the story of Walt Disney and how he made his empire. How he had lost it a couple of times and gotten it back even better. Animation and drawing. Very interesting. To me. I like to draw but don't think would be good enough to do stuff like that.

Walking a little further we came to where the characters are having pictures. I stood in line to have my picture taken with Mickey Mouse. Hubby figured I was just being silly. Well I did vp come to see him so I stood in line.

After coming out of that building we walked a little more and found out we where back at the front of the park again. Okay what shows you want to see. There is Indana Jones over there lets go. It starts I half an hour. Will they let us in. Lets go see. Well on we walked and got ourselves a good seat. The show showed three different sequences form the first movie. Indy getting himself rolled over by a ball after getting a statue off a stand. Being chased by the Egyptians. And saving the lady from the airplane after fight off a bunch of bad guys. A few special effects thrown in to make it more real. They had a few people from the audience take part as well.

When that show was over we headed back to the back lot toutpr we again as the car stunt show did not start for another hour and half. Watched the peal harbour thing again and went on the back lot tour. Saw a couple of things did not see the firs time. I guessing was looking the wrong way last time.

Still a little early for stunt show so went and had a bite to eat across form the back lot tour. Just a sandwich and fries. Hit the spot. But went back to get a cupcake of Mickey that was from st paddys day. Oh it tasted like mint. Was it ever good.

We then headed over to the stunt cars show. People people people there. The stands were full. It was a good show of cars jumping and spinning and lot of special effects to go along with it. They had a young girl come up to remote control a car. She was not sure if she was doing right and when the car turned around there was someone actually driving the car from the outside. Funny. More car stunts and motorcycle stunts. Cars on two wheel and men falling off of buildings after being shot.

Those two shows where worth going to see just for the special effects.

Okay it is now 5 and it is time to start heading back. Up to the front we go. What is this place we have not seen it before. Yes we have just from that angle over there. Oh! I figured we had not seen the whole thing. Yes I think we have.

Well so get back on the shuttle and over to animal kingdom. Now do we dare walk or should we take a cab. Well let try the walk. We will walk this way though so it looks like we are walking to a car. Off we go. Down through the parking lot over to where the buses go out. Way over against the edge were we are not lose to cars crossing. Hmm this is an easier route. Not as much traffic. A little longer to walk but no as bad to walk and no one stopped us. Out of the park and across only lone busy route which at that time of night not too busy. Yeah we did it again.

Walk back to the main road we live on for now. Stooped at the grocery store and pick up a couple of provisions then on our way back to the resort.

One beautiful day. Sometimes a little chilly for me but sunshine all day.

Tomorrow. Will be at our last stop. Animal kingdom to see the animals again. My favourite part. Hopefully another sunny day to get through. They keep threatening with thunderstorms.. Come on hold off. Until we are done here. Only a couple of days left. Come on I like it here. I am not in as much pain and all the walking I can do without being sore. Why can't I have that in my home province. I would be so much happier if I didn't hurt so much.

Then not sure whether we will make it over to sea world again. I would like to see the dolphins again but we fly out the next day first thing yeah I mean really first thing in the morning. So going over to see the dolphins again might make it too late getting back here to get some sleep before our flight. Please please I would really like to go though. Can I can I huh huh? Well that is still up in the air.

So far have had a great trip. Would love to keep it going but you know reality does have to step in sooner or later. Well will talk again tomorrow. Oh here is my new best friend. Mickey and me.



No comments:

Post a Comment