the bike

the bike

Thursday 14 June 2012

travel on the harley

well another blog to write on.

My hubby bought a Harley last year.  Says I have to go for rides with him.  So this is the start of our adventure together on the bike.

Well I have my first complaint about doing this already.  The dang rain.  I was soaked through to the skin and dang cold. Yeah I know rain gear.  was waering it but didn't seem to help when it was still so dang cold out there. At least we didn't go to far on that trip.  He just wanted to try out so he could get a feel of me being on the back of bike a little bigger then he is use to. 

Second compaint.  All I really see is the back of his helmet.  That is going to be allot of fun when you are touring around.  I could have my head turned all the time but then my neck just gets sore.

Third complaint.  OH MY ACHING BUTT!!!.  There's one he will hear quite often.  Can I get off now?  I can't sit anylonger with my legs spread apart and my butt hurting like anything because the blood has rushed away from my butt and legs.  I CAN"T MOVE ANYMORE. GET THE CRAIN OUT TO LIFT ME OFF THIS THING. Then we drive miles and miles more and he still doesn't stop.  Next excuss.  I have to pee now.  HE HE that gets him to stop and let me get off for a while.  AW!!! blood back into my butt.

Well anyways enough about the complaints.  It is fun to take these little trips.  You do see allot of country and meet allot of interesting people.

Our first trip we took last year in September before he put the bike away for the year.  The weather was starting to get a little colder and he decided we should take a little tour down through Washington State.  Drove along highway 20 and back across highway 2.  Then back into Vanciouver area and home.  We started out okay with some nice warm weather.  Then we headed through the pass of the cascades.  Dame was thst a change of temperature.  There was even some snow along the side of the road. It was good I had a few layers on at that time.  Once we came down in elavation again the weather really warmed up.  Going form one extreme to another.

We drove down along the Columbia River.  Just beautiful to see.  Came back across and over to Yakima.  Yeah there we found a Harley shop he could look at.  Still a novalty to see a bike shop and take a look around it.  They all look the same to me but what the hey.

The last day we headed over to Seattle and looked at the shops there.  Nice to get off the bike for a while and just walk.  Can you saw riding a horse legs.  Butt sticking out and legs kinda bowed out.  Later in the day heade home.

That trip was around 1400 kilometers.  well I made it on my frist ride. and survived.

We were going to head out here this past month on the bike.  Had a few days off and had it all planed out.  The only thig holding up the trip was the weather.  WILL IT EVER STOP RAINING THIS YEAR! We kept saying we were going to go then the rain would just come a puring down again.  I mean tourential rains.  Batten down the hatches and get out the boat type of rain.

Well that put a damper on things so we finally decided to take the car instead.  Glad of that.  The rain never stopped once.  We headed for Fairmont Hotsprings and spent a day there.  One long trip over along highway 1 in BC after making reservations.  One day there enjoying the steamy hot water and then one day home through Washington on highway 20.

Boy am I sure glad we didn't do the bike thing.  The rain just kept coming and coming and coming.  On the way back through the Cascades we came across snow.  I mean deep snow through the passes  And dang was it cold.

He still didn't like the idea that we didn't take the bike.  I was glad it was the other way and in the car.

Well next trip out will be in August.  Two weeks on a bike.  Again Oh my aching Butt coming up  We haven't really got it figured out yet, but are still in discussion about were we might go.  I would like to see the north country and drive to Alaska.  He wants to head east and then south a little and back through the States.  Maybe we will head down the coast to California.  Another nice drive would be to go to grand canyon.  Well we will figure it out sooner or later.  Maybe he will just set the GPS and follow were it will lead us.  See what happens in a month

No comments:

Post a Comment