the bike

the bike

Thursday 28 June 2012

got out for a ride today

Beautiful, beautiful sun.

Well today we finally got out on a bike ride.  First time all season.. yeah I know it is the end of June and should have been out many times already.  Well you know rain, rain , rain just kept on a coming.  Doesn't make for a good time.

He just wanted to see whether I could survive or not.  Our big vacation is coming up in another month.  Still not sure were we are going but it is going to be two weeks sitting on the back of his bike looking at his helmet.  Yeah!!!  Rain, snow or sunshine.  I got to do it.

I bought a new used leather jacket here the other day and had to try it out.  It is a little big but if I have to put a warmer sweater under it it will do pretty good.  I found it at the thrift store in Maple Ridge.  Only 24 bucks.  Pretty good price considering what leather is worth.  So now am almost fitted out for riding.  Got some rain gear , a new helmet a couple of months ago and now a leather jacket.  He will soon be saying I need to get chaps as well.  Well we will see.

Well I can say that for that short stint I did survive.  We headed over to Harrison Hot springs along highway 7.  The sun was a shining.  So great to feel that on my back.  I looked out over the water of the Fraser River.  The water is pretty high right now.  Allot of fields are flooded right now.  Yeah I didn't look at the back of his helmet all the time.  At the Springs we got off and took a little walk along the beach.  The water is pretty high there right now too.  The sand is all under water.  I guess for now there will be no sand castle compititions going on.  I wonder what month they do have it because right now there is no way that it could be done.

After the walk got back on and headed over to Bridal falls and then onto Highway 1 and back to good old Mission.  This is were I think the crain had to come in.  Yeah my butt was kinda stiff and my legs did do a little sleeping with out me.  I should have put my cushion on and maybe I would have did a little better.  I didn't do too bad though.  The only scary part was when he decided to take a down hill curve a little too fast.  I gritted my teeth through that.

Well lets see if I can get out a couple more times before the big one.  Come on sunshine stay with us

No comments:

Post a Comment