the bike

the bike

Saturday 28 July 2012

it is getting closer

Well time is now of the essence.  Have to start figuring out were we are going.  Yep he is still going to do it.  Get  me on the back of his bike for two whole weeks.

We are starting to make the plans and figuring out what can be packed and what can't.  Does that mean i can't pack a big suitcase with all of my essentials.  Oh come on I need my stuff.  Oh all right a couple of changes of close at least.  I know one thing I need and that is my butt coushion.  I used it last time and it did make a big difference.  This trip is going to be a little longer though.  Can I fly back from somewhere and just leave him to ride back himself?  Well I guess that will up to how my body is going to handle this.  I'm just hopeing that the fibro or the arthrisis just don't kick in at the wrong time or we will both be having some problems.  Me for being a big pain and him for figuring out how we are going to get home if I can't sit too long.

Well the plan is to head east a little ways and then head down into the States.  Go through the cascades and then start heading south.  See yellowstone park and maybe mount Rushmore.  Then head down towards the Grand canyon and then back across and come up along the ocean.  We are going to go from cold the dang hot in no time.  Well at least hopefully on the other side of the mountains it won't be raining.  It hasn't really stopped here. Just a few days of sun and now we are back into cooler weather again.  Really were the heck is summer around here.  I know it is all in Ontario.  and they are hogging it.  the warm weather at least.  Sounds like a few storms going on there right now.  Hopefully we don't find any of them.  Being on the bike and hitting a storm area won't be too much fun either.

I remember when we lived in Ontario.  Riding the bike dowm to Long point for a swim.. Ran into a storm.  Lightening coming down on both sides of the road.  Rain was a pouring on us.  We stopped on the side of the road to take shelter under some trees.  I now stupid place to stop with lightening but what else could we do.  That was one scary moment on my life.  It did pass finally and we headed on our way.

Well will have to get the map out here soon and figure out a definate route.  Still prcratinating on that.  I did look once and thought about were to go and got told didn't like that idea should do it this way.  So back to the drawing board and look again.  At least I have figured out what i would like to see and he has his figued out.  Now just to get there and what to see along the way.

Will keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment