the bike

the bike

Thursday 23 April 2015

Should I write or just lay down and sleep

Well today is Thursday.  Just a day and half and I am heading home to great rainy North.  Well I think it is probably raining.  It mostly always rains there.

We have been living down here for a week and half.  Beautiful weather a little rain and a couple of thunder storms.    The heat is great but still is not doing much for my aches and pains.  Hands still tell me they are stiff and sore.  Legs do not want to walk my punch anymore.  My back says are you done yet.  My body is talking to me about allot of things.  But I just keep trucking along.  Want to get in as much and see as much as I can and do as much as I can.  It may be cutting into my retirement fund but hey I got to do what I got to do in order to get some bucket lists done before I am not able to do them.  I don't want to say I could have but I didn't because I wham just too chicken to do it.  So pushing myself to get it done before I end up were I can not walk anymore or do the stuff I love to do.  Older age will be fun spoor some people for me old age is going to be a different story.

So today I got up and went out and did some more exploring to see as much of New Orleans as I can. Before I head home.   Yes my feet are telling me about it but who the heck cares.  The aches and pains can live with me but they are not going to get me down if I can help it.

We didn't get up none too early today.  I guess rest was in the forecast.  But then again British Columbia time is two hours behind New Orleans time.  So if you look at it that way we did get up in a good time if we were in BC. But late for being in Louisiana.  

So today I said food wise just want something small and understandable.  I wanted some chees sticks.   Not the spicy food that I have been seeing of late.  So I said we are going to Arby's which is just around the corner.  I am going to have some cheese sticks and a cherry turnover.  Oh yes oooie goose cheese sticks.  I do love them once in while and that is what I was going to get.  Rob said you are in NO should be trying new foods and experiencing the culture.  Phooey on culture just some plane old cheese sticks.    I got my way.  He wasn't too happy about it though or is was that he was tired and did not go to sleep last night.  That could have had something to do with it.

So after we finished our meal we went and got a ticket for the trolley.  Made plans to go either to the zoo or to layfette cemetary.  Road the trolley to epwere the first stop would have been.  All of a sudden the clouds opened up and windows were being closed on the trolley.  It was a huge down pour.  Water Justin pouring down.  I think we should stay on and just ride for a little bit and see if it stops any time shortly.  Well the zoo stop came and went.  We got off at the end of the ride and got on another trolley heading back towards down town.  Rain not stopping.  I guess we are not getting off.

It starts to get very humid now and the rain starts slowing down.  The thing is we are past were we were going to get off so just keep riding it down town and look around there again.  Last stop off we get.

Okay now what do we do.  I guess go over to the ticket booth and trade in our voucher for the ticket for the ghost tour.  After that is done go along decanter street and Rob buys some pralines and a bit of chocolate.  Which I promptly ate.  Sucker for chocolate.

We head over to were the carriages are and see if we can go for another ride.  We want to see the cemetary. But unfortunately the cemetary is closed because of construction going on around there.  Oh well won't see that cemetary either.

I find a hippy shop to look in.  The clothes are loose fitting and tie dyed.  The kind of close I wear.  I find something I would like to buy.  But I don't for some reason.  Maybe I can go back there again tomorrow.  Just for a little drop in and look at it again.  Do I really need it that is the million dollar question and yes I do not have a million dollars.

So We end up going back to the room and drop off his pralines.  Just so they do not get softer Sitting in a bag. The bag is getting a little wet and stuff is starting to tear the bag.  Got to get it back somewhere so he isn't dropping anything.

We stop in at a seafood resteraunts to have a little supper.  I eat the gumbo.  Something I can eat without burning my mouth on the spices.  It was pretty good but for some reason the chicken tasted mor elite beef.

After a little rest in the room we go back down to the tickets centre and wait for our tour.  Not long and a few people are waiting for same tour.  There is about 18 of us to listen in about ghosts.  She tells us allot a folklore of a few of the people that had been killed or, but we do not see any ghosts.  So. Ugh for a spookie tour.

Tired and hot and my legs and back and feet are really am starting to tell me stories.  So now back in our room and I am sitting with my feet up.  That dirt tan is back again.  I will fix that in the morning.  For now just sitting here is the best medicine.  Tomorrow one more day before we fly out on Saturday.  Hope weather is better then when we flew in.  Do not need to sit on a plane for any length of time.  

That will really play havoc on my body.maybe tomorrow will hit the cemetary off of St Charles.  That is if is not raining.  I have a few things I have seen that I would like to buy.  So maybe a little shopping in hand for tomorrow.  Or just lookie louing. And saying do I really need it

So one more day to write in this blog and then heading for home to my hum drum life.   Talk to you tomorrow if I am not to sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment