the bike

the bike

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Another day done. And dang does BC have allot of trees

Was up early again this morning.  Had to be down for breakfast just after eight.  That is when the bed and breakfast we stayed at last night was serving.  Well she did two servings.  The first was at eight and the second was at eight fourty five.  We were down there in plenty of time but the table was already full.  So we wandered around Barkerville for a little while.  Took our luggage back to the car and then sat outside for awhile and waited for the second seating.

We had stayed at the St George burped and breakfast for the night.  Had a room on the second floor and it had its own bathroom.  That is a plus in itself.  A beautiful canopy bed, but have a bathroom made the room a little smaller to facilitate it.  She had a full house for the night.  So we were not the only silly people that decided to drive out to Barkerville to wander around for a while.  Our fourth or fifth time there and then stay for the night.  We can say at least that we stayed in Barkerville for the night. I had a dang good sleep until the heat got turned down. I was ice and cozy but someone said he couldn't breath because it was too hot. So I had to get cold for the night. Dang the other person.

A few funny things though in the morning.  There were trucks making deliveries and cars that belonged to staff were sitting out in plane view.  It use to be that everything was delivered in by horse and wagon,  now they come into modern times and have delivery by truck.  The trucks and cars had to be out of sight before they opened though.  But just to see them in there in the morning was kinda a sight.

When we came back in the gate after taking ourluggageto the car we where told that part of the areas had been closed down for the day.  There was a cougar in the area so people could not go past china town to look around.  There was a hall up the street a little further that you could walk to and see a show of some kind but that was blocked off today because of a very big pussy cat.  Well I don't think I would like to see this pussy cat anyways.

We had our breakfast.  Took a look at the gift shop, couldn't go back to the china town to look at something I was interested in buying, so just headed out the gate and on the road again.  Heading east out of the valley, then north to Prince George,  then headed east towards the Jasper national park.  The gas situation was getting a little touchy there for a bit.  He said I may have to get out and push.  I said what about him.  He says he is the driver so passenger gets to push.  Never heard of that rule before.

We got to McBride and yes a gas station.  You know we should have taken my bug it gets better gas mileage then his jeep.  But he would not have been comfortable is my little bug.  That would have also made it so I was driving.  Um!!  I don't think so with his complaining about my driving.  I will just sit in the passenger seat and keep me mouth shut.  Well that's what I do most of the time anyways.  Keep,e mouth shut and to complain about anything. Or I will bein dodo for something that came out of my mouth up expectantly.

Well northern BC.  Sure as heck are allot of trees and not much else.  Let's see did see some wildlife.  Well almost.  A cow or two as we past a farm then it was back into the trees again.  Not even much in the way of towns to stop the manotany.

But finally we came into the mountains.  There is mount Robson and terry fox mountain.  Through that national park and then onto Jasper national park.  Paid our dues to stay the night.  Found a nice little place to put our head down for the night.  Took a walk around the little bit of down town.  Looking for a place to eat.  Well there is this place,  how about here.  Someone was getting testy so he had to eat soon.  Finally decided and went in to eat.  Aw food.  Yeah I was getting a little testy as well with only eating some junk food this afternoon.

Ah speaking of junk food I found some more green shoestring licoric.  Oh boy the best junk food there is. Can only seem to find it around here.  But I love the stuff and buy it when ever I see it. The little kid in me I guess.

We now sit in our room.  I silence.  The TV not on and I am on my computer that he says I am addicted to and he is reading.  Such fun people we are.

So I will keep playing on my computer until beddyby comes around, because I know it may only be a four hour drive tomorrow but probably have to get up early to drive through more trees.  At least we will get out at the ice fields and get to walk around a little.  Maybe even go out and see the view from the glass platform. Oh walk out on glass and look down to see nothing but the ground getting further and further away as you walk out more.  It is an eerie feeling but I hope once we are out at the edge the view will be worth it.

Well the last of the drive will be worth it as well.  Our last stop before we head home is fairmont hot springs.  Heaven I will be in heaven.  Love going to the hotsprings.  The heat just feels so good.

Well will talk again tomorrow night

No comments:

Post a Comment