the bike

the bike

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Well making another day around the province

Today was kinda a bust for me.

We got up at 7 this morning so we could get on the road as we figured it was going to be a long drive.

Away from Whistler and on the road.  Heading expats now over to Liloette I know bad spelling.  Anyways and making it over to highway 97 were we will head north.  Highway 99. A beautiful drive but there are allot of switchbacks and lots of curves.  So have to take it slow.  Plus allot of idiot drivers on the road that figure if you are going to slow that they should pass when it is not safe.  Chez!!! Well we made it safely to highway 97 just south of Clinton.  Started heading north.  

I think I missed most of highway 99 and also missed allot of highway 97.  Family tip rip bi put when you get me up early and on the road I will tend to nod of over and over again.  I may have seen a bit of the drive but I think I saw allot more of my eyelids then anything. Some great company I am on a drive.  Well you know I need my beauty sleep a heck of allot more.  I had my sunglasses on so I don't know if someone else knew I was sleeping most of the time or just a little.  I think it was most of the time.  I would nod off and then bounce back awake and then the eyes would get heavy again and off I go.

We went through beautiful sunshine to dang cool air were a lot of rain came down.  I had to put a sweater over my arms for awhile because someone else loves to keep it cold.  So I bundle up.  Then he looks at me like it is not cold in here.  I hate to differ with him but yeah I am cold.  Still didn't stop me from taking cat naps.  I think he realized I was once or twice though.  He gave me a bit of a nudge and said look over there.  I was actully awake at that time and did see the deer that almost made a hood ornament for the truck ahead of us.  Deer and truck made it through okay though.  The deer ran off into the woods.  Then truck in front slowed down his driving a little after that though.

Finally made it into Quenell were we got gas and a pee break.  Then turned off onto the road for Barkerville.  That was a it of a drive. Between rain and sunshine.  Depending on what side of the mountains you were on.  We got into Barkerville at 3:30. Found a parking spot and grabbed our luggage and headed for the front gate.  Oh did I forget to mention. We have a reservation to stay at the bed and breakfast right in Barkerville.
Not a great picture but this is the bed we are going to sleep in tonight.  Canopy bed and old fashion wallpaper.  A very small room but is interesting.  We dropped off our luggage and then went to get something to eat.  Walked down a ways and popped into one of the resteraunts and have a well proportioned meal.  After our meal was over we started to walk around the buildings that are here. Oh I found bling and clothes and oh it is just fascination to me.  There area couple of things I may buy tomorrow before we leave.  There is a kimono in the Chinese shop that is just covered with. Bling.  It may be with me when I leave.  Plus maybe some deserts from the pastry shop.  Well just thinking

Tomorrow will be another early morning as we have to make it to our next stop tomorrow or is a reservation I have.  So going more north tomorrow and then east to go back down through the national park the next day.  Gonna freeze our tushes at the ice fields in two days.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a little warmer and I rain.  I love watching the scenery if I can keep my eyes open to watch it. But alashewants to get up early again tomorrow. I guess I may be getting more beautysleepwhile we drive again

No comments:

Post a Comment