the bike

the bike

Wednesday 13 March 2013

I am enjoying this nice sunny weather. Not going home yet. March 13 2013

That's right. Just spent first day at sea world.

Dolphins. Dolphins, dolphins and a little shamu on top. Obit was a glorious day.

A little cool first thing in the morning. Thought about the shorts going on then stepped outside for a minute. Back up stairs to put on me pants. Yeah just a little chilly. It had rained the day before so people where saying. We missed it.

Anyways after having a long restful sleep after a day on the plane. We got up about 8 o clock and headed down to the continental breakfast that they supply at the best western. A little crowded but still was able together a seat and have a little snack before we started our day.

Then took the walk over to sea world. In the gate around 9 o'clock and there was allot of people already there. The stores where open and doing a bit of business. We came across the first roller coaster. The manta. You lay in it upside down facing the ground. For me it is on your life.!!!! We didn't go there to do the rides anyways. Just wonder around and see what we can see. I am not much of a ride person. That is a fact of life for me. I will scream and holler and I haven't even been on the ride yet. A few people can attest to that.

This is what we saw as we walked around the park. There was alligators, manta, seals sharks and sting rays. Another area we saw a polar bear, beluga whales and walruses in the artic area. Just like being at on big zoo for sea life.

So decided we would go left and make our way around that way. Well low and behold first place to come across is dolphins. In my glory here. Walked through the dolphin cove and watch them being fed. See how they dance around and just enjoy themselves.

About that time was the first dolphin show. We went into sit down and wait a couple of minutes. Made sure we where up high enough so we where out of the splash zone. Don't need to get wet first thing in the morning. The music starts and out come the performers. They did highflying acts on bungy cords and swings. Dressed up like dolphins and birds. Then the dolphins came out and jumped and splashed and played. Made a heck of allot of water up into the audience. Great fun to watch and yes we didn't get wet.

So on we walked after that. Started heading in the area of the shamu show back passed roller coasters were people were screaming on. Yeah still not for me.

Over at the shamu show was another character show were people did some acrobatic stuff and then the whales came out did some jumping and splashing of the audience. Sat in a good place and no not wet again. That was good. The whales make a bigger splash then the dolphins did.

So now the day is starting to get warmer. Not enough for me to put back on my shorts but you could start to feel the heat. Hubby did not put on any sunblock. I bet he will be feeling it tomorrow. For now he doesn't look too bad.

Well anyways we kept wandering around. Making our way left as before. I think we saw most of the park. Had to backtrack a couple of times as we kept heading for the entrance. This is not the way we are suppose to be going. Turn around again and make our way back so we are in the park area again. Lets see look at the map again. Is there anything we missed. I think we haven't seem this yet. So off we treck again to see if we can find it. Now I think we have seen it all. Check the map again as it is getting close to when the next dolphin show is on.

So now start heading in the direction of the dolphin theatre again. I think it is time for a sit down. Pooped I is. We wait outside for the gate to open. Other people are gathering around to get in as well. At least it is a shady spot to relax in. Well finally the gate opens and we walkin. Go and sit in a different area to get a different view. Now sit on the hard seats and wait there for the show to start.

Well at least I am sitting down. Have walked and walked and walked all fricken day. The show starts. Same one as before. Acrobats and dolphins playing in the water. Lots of splashing and such. I got to see them once more before we head back to the room.

Well that was allot of sun and allot of walking for one day. It is only six thirty and am kinda sleepy. Maybe a nap is in order, but should eat first I guess before we settled for the night.

Okay now what to eat. Hadn't eaten much all day. A cinnamon bun with lots of cream cheese on. Oh soooo yummy that was. But it doesn't make for a meal tonight. Maybe we will head back to place we ate last night. Just beside the hotel. The serving was huge, but dang was it good. Many pounds coming my way on this trip. Great! Tonight the place has free pie and all you can eat fish and chips. I wouldn't make that worth while.

I guess that is it for today. Tomorrow we are going over to international drive and see the shops. So touristy we are. Just kinda a restful day. Stay out of the sun a little as not to get burned too bad and also so i can be ready next day to go to discovery cove and swim with the dolphins. Yep I booked that to do. Then the rest of the day around discovery cove swimming, snorkelling and walking around a rain forest to see all the exotic birds and such.

Okay snooze time for a little bit, then out for some food

Talk to you again tomorrow. Hope you are all enjoying your wet rainy weather or snowy weather depending on were you are. I just love were I am now. I know brag, brag, brag. But I am lovin it

No comments:

Post a Comment