the bike

the bike

Friday 15 March 2013

One glorious day. At discovery cove. March 15 2013

We spent today just relaxing.

Up first thing in the morning and heading over to discovery cove. This is something I paid for before we left home. It said swim with dolphins and well that's what I wanted to do.

So up at 7 o clock this morning. No breakfast as we are served breakfast in this park. And lunch as well. So off we go for a little walk to make it over there. Started out okay. Made it over to sea world and then started across their parking lot to get over to the other road were discovery cove is. Yeah yeah, walking, walking,walking. Across this parking lot. You wouldn't believe how big it is just to get to the other side. We finally make it over there and then realize that there is no way out of parking lot. So have to back track a little to get to an entrance. Then there is the part about crossing the road. This is a major road. Cars cars cars. Just kept on a coming. Finally across this road. it isn't like BC where cars will slow down for you. You are at the mercy of your own wits. Fun

Now that we are across the road we have to walk up a ways to get into the entrance. Now back along another parking lot. Such fun. Walking walking walking. Oh my feet. Well finally get to the entrance building. In we go.

First they have to find your reservation on the computer. Without spelling your name wrong because it would be pronounced differently then how it is spelled. Then they get to take your picture. Ha hubby really loved that. They made him smile as well. He he he. So now he had to carry around a bag all day with his nice smiling face on it. A credit card was attached to the badge so you did not need to take cash around the resort. Good idea if you don't loose your badge. Hmmm I can do some dolphin shopping. Hmmm that is later.

So finally all logged in and heading down the path to where we can get into a wet suit. Find a locker and be ready to tour around. Wet suit on after allot of tugging and pulling. Hubby had a better one then I did. He had his on in no time. Me I kept struggling to get it up over my butt then my big gut and then onto my shoulders. Gosh am I ever going to get out of this thing. What if I have to pee?

Well locker filled up and we have a towel and are on our way. I have an appointment at 10:20. To do my swim. So we take a little wander around and then sit down and have some breakfast. My goodness allot of selection. Eggs, ham, bacon, sausage and all sort of other things to.. Good harty breakfast to get you going.

By this time it is time for me to go over to where the dolphin swim is. I get there and have to sign a waiver. As usual. They are not responsible for any problems. A bit of a film as shown and then we head out to the water. Ten of us all together. We get introduced to CJ. A cross between two dolphins. It seems 20 years ago and male dolphin decided he could jump a gate and get into the adjoining pool. So bee it a hybrid dolphin came of that escapade. This is CJ.


He swam by us a few times to get rubbed down. Then he did a few tricks for us on had signals we made. A bit of jumping with his buddies in the water. Then we swan out to the deep water and grabbed a fin and CJ swam us back in. Not much but it is something I enjoy. Was with the dolphin for at least forty minutes. I enjoyed the whole time I was with them.

After this encounter we headed over to the lazy river ride. It is just a slow moving current that takes you around the park. The water was like bath water. Sooooo warm and just so nice to just float around. We came to a water falls and had to go under it. Well time to get totally wet I guess. Under we go and we are in a cave to where we come out on the other side and are in an avary. This area has allot of species of birds flying around in it. Then we come to another water fall and another time getting wet. Out the other side and are floating some more. We go around this lazy river at least four or five times before it is time to go do something else.

Well that something else was swimming in salt water. They called it a reef pond. Wondered why they would call it a reef until we got in with our mask and snorkel. You saw sting rays after sting rays. Pods of beautifully coloured fish. Lots of coral along the rocks. Such a wonder to see with out having to go out in the ocean. There was a blocked off area where they had some sharks. No one could go in there. There was a diver in there at the time that was feeding them. You could look through the glass enclosure and watch. It makes for a different picture when you are in the water snorkelling instead of on the surface looking down. There was dozens of fish to look at. We swam around there at least twice before I started to get a chill.

So that was our day. The best one I could think of. As I like dolphins that much. We got out of the water. Got showered and changed and did a little walking around. Went over to the avary were I feed a few birds, found the sea otters in another area and there was also about ten monkeys sitting on an island. They wouldn't cross as they do not like the water.

Last but not least. I spent a little money. A pair of dolphin earrings and dolphin necklace. A bag for carrying stuff since the one we brought decided to tear. And I got my photos of my experience with the dolphins. They also gave me a DVD of my time here.

So I can say this was one great day. Everything I wanted to do.

Tomorrow off to catch a shuttle first thing in the morning to go to Busch gardens. I think maybe just another ride park, but have tickets so will go. This is a bit of a drive, but I called about a shuttle two days ago to get us there and back. So far things are working out great for us.

Great vacation and now I am in my glory over dolphins. I know shut up about the dolphins, but I can't help it. Love it love it love it.

Well talk again tomorrow. I know you guys are enjoying your day as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment