the bike

the bike

Sunday 24 March 2013

Well now in Ontario soaking up the sun. NOT march 24 2013

So was up around 3 30 today to catch flight back to Canada. Sleepy sleepy sleepy. Just finished having a nap and not ready to go out in the cold!!! Brr is it ever a change from Florida.

After waiting for a taxi to take us to airport. It did arrive on time. We headed for the Orlando airport. Same rig a ma roll. First have to check in and get rid of our luggage. Then it is through security. First through one check point to see if have passports and passes to get on plane. Then through another check point to make sure that we are not carrying anything that could blow up a plane. Jacket off, shoes off, electronic devices out of bag, any change or loose item into tub. That then gets sent through scanner. Then you go through a scamp near yourself. Raise your arms and then they take a picture of you and if they do not like what they see they will stop you to get a closer look. Well they didn't like what they saw on me and had to stop me. You know it was just to rind stones that where on my short. Through I go and pick up my stuff on other side. Then we had to get on a shuttle to get to another terminal. Great more waiting. It is getting closer to time plane will be loading.

I was sitting beside a flight attendant who was deadheading it back to Canada. Said she was going through the checkpoint to do the search of her stuff. When she got to the other side to pick back up her belongings one of her bags was not there anymore. Someone had taken it. You have to keep a watch on your stuff at all times. How can you do that and get yourself scanned at the same time.

Well finally on the plane. Take off heading for Ontario. First time in a long time. Fell asleep on the plane. Just put my head down and I was out. I never do that. The plane was full but I didn't notice any of it.

Woke up about half an hour before we where to land. Filled out our forms and got ready to land. Easy flight but was a little bumpy on the way up. We passed through a major snow storm heading north. Did have a good sleep though.

You know this was the easiest place to get through customs in Toronto. Just scan your passports and then scan the form you had to fill out. Pick up your luggage and then past last customs person where you hand in your form. The out the door to where you wait for your ride.

Well he was a little late in getting there. We can blame it on our niece. Just because it is fun to blame it on her. Sorry Katie couldn't resist. It is all your fault. Yeah I know it wasn't anyone's fault. Just have to blame someone. We stood outside for a few minutes and then they showed up. Luggage in back and we are on our way for another hour or so ride. At least traffic is not bad that time of morning.

At least I can say the drivers around here are not as much in being maniacs they are in Florida. But hey this was early on a Sunday morning so I could be wrong.

We dropped off our luggage at the motel we are staying at and then headed over to the family home to sit and chat for a little while. Outside is a bit nippy after being in such hot humid weather for a couple of weeks. I am not exactly dressed for this. I guess what it is is what it is. At least the vest I have is warm.

So now just sitting in room waiting for hubby to get a little rest. It seems instead of going to bed last night he stayed up all night watching the telly. I guess he didn't want to miss am alarm of 3 o clock.

That's about it for our fun filled day today. Just have thermostat turned up in the room warming up right now and typing away at nonsense. Tonight maybe will get some good grub. I am hoping for a pizza but that has yet to be decided.

Well talk again tomorrow. Just have a couple more days before have to head back to reality. I am not sure whether I really want to go back to that. Having a nice relaxing time right now. So you will hear form me again tomorrow. It will probably be a cold boring day. Oh boy such fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment