the bike

the bike

Monday 13 August 2012

Day 4, nice drive today

Well I can say that I am enjoying myself today. I had apprehension when I started this and now I seem to be getting into the spirit of this ride.

We made it through Yellowstone national park today. We even saw the geyser go off as well. Waited an hour and half for it to happen. There was allot of people there just a wandering around and waiting as well. Didn't see yogi bear or ranger smith ( oh that is jellystone park isn't it). But we did see some buffalo walking along the side of the road.

Tonight we are in Wyoming at a place called Cody. Another Best Western we are in. Named after Wild Bill Cody. There is a dam just outside of town that was a project of his and was completed in early 1900's and was added onto around 1980's to make more power in the area.

Tomorrow will be heading towards South Dakota and a place called Rapid City. Hopefully we can get another reservation at a Best Western there. As hubby has a card that eventually gets you a free night. Plus Best Westerns caiter to bikers and have a wash station for bikers. That is were mount Rushmore is. We will be staying there for 2 days and have a little rest and check out the monument and take the presidents walk.

Hurray, a day off from being on the bike. My butt really doesn't want to take too much more for now. I do okay for awhile and then things start to hurt.

Oh the decision has been made not to go down to Grand Canyon. I looked at the temperature for around there and saw it was around 49 degrees Fahrenheit. I don' t think I want to be in that heat. So another route in in the works.

We may fly down there sometime in winter when temperature is allot better and check out what I may have missed now.

I have also noticed allot of bikers don.'t wear helmets down here and allot of girls are driving their own Harley. Hubby suggested that I get one and we could ride together. Not a chance in heck of that happening.

So we came through a mountain range that looked like allot of old castles. Just the hills looked like the hoodoos in Alberta. Looked pretty cool to me.

Well that's it for today. Yeah I guess I am having a good time and we still have miles to go. Hopefully I make it all the way. For now not doing too bad but I do still whine and complain and today I just about landed on my back trying to get off the bike making some we all know to give me a dirty look.

Oh speaking of dirty I am getting this way. Literally road dirt and sweaty. I also am wondering whether I can ride side saddle and then my legs are not spread apart all the time. I know not going to happen. Well there is my dirty talk for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment