the bike

the bike

Monday 20 August 2012

Day nine. One dang hot day

We only did a short bout today. Left later today and then headed for a Harley dealer. Yeah we found one to look at. Found out they were having a four year anniversary. Could get some pretty good deals. Unfortunately how would we get it home. Only have the bike with limited space. So nothing coming home with us. Didn't really see anything worth getting anyways. I usually just buy a t shirt but didn't even want one of them.

So we made our way into the desert again. Hot hot hot is what it is. Saw one sign that showed the temperature and it said 97. Dang hot I say. We had to make frequent stops to have a drink of water and to stretch. Not much of any shady spots to stop so the sides of gas stations would do.

Finally got into Wanatchee Washington. Found a Best Western to stay at. Where not going any further in this heat. Will trek for home tomorrow. Are really racking up some points with them. Well I hope anyways and will be able to use them sometime.

Home tomorrow. Yeah back in my own bed and off the bike. I am really starting to hurt now. Have to get off at least every hour to get the blood back into my legs. I don't know what will happen tomorrow. Hopefully I will make it home without too much pain. The arthritis is really starting to show its nasty side right now. Hurt hurt is all I am doing right now. So I guess biking isn't for me either. I do like to travel but I do like to be a home body as well.

But I don't want to be walking like I have been on the back of a horses butt for a long period of time. I mean something with horse power I have been sitting on and it is making walk like I am bow legged and stiff. I am glad I have a few days off before I go back to work. If I went back a day after I got home it would really be a hurting thing.

Well home at last. Just four hours away. Hopefully not a hot one will not make a good ride if it is. Well will see tomorrow. I think he wants an early morning to keep out of the heat as much as possible.

No inter net tonight so will publish this tomorrow when I am home along with the last blog for this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment