the bike

the bike

Friday 10 August 2012

First day of a long ride

Well I made it on the first day. Butt is not too sore but my legs are pretty pretty stiff.

We started off this morning around nine o'clock. Had to get the dogs walked first and load just a little more stuff up. The dogs thought they might be coming along and ran out the door each time we opened it.

Then it was on our way.

First stop was in Manning park for a bit of a stretch. You see pretty good I made it at least three hours before we had to stop. Butt pillow does wonders. Still I did start having troubles after that. First came the butt and then it moved down into my legs and knees. So another stop was in order. This time it was for gas. Yes I can get off again. Halalueya for that. Gas was in Ososyas.

This is we're we had to start taking off layers of clothing. Boy did it get hot there. The sun just beating down. I hope the sun block is working because there is no reprieve from the sun. It just kept beating down on us and HOT.HOT, HOT. Had to keep at least a long sleeve shirt on to keep the sun from burning you to a crisp. I started getting sleepy here because of the heat and almost fizzed off a few times. That would have been awful if I fell asleep and the tooled off the bike.

We made two more stops along the way. One for my poor butt and the other to get some lunch. Plus another stop for my poor butt and hubby was even feeling to need to get off as well. Then there was my back that started to bother me. Gosh does this ever stop. The pain and needing to get off. I had to stretch out my leg a couple of times while we were moving. I don't know if he noticed this or not but it had to be done before I would scream in shear pain. Just trying to make it so we didn't have to stop so much. Well it worked I got the link out of my knee.

We made it into Castlegar around six. Hubby thought he might find something a little further down the road but I said I had seen a super eight that looked like a good place to stay for the night. I just really wanted to stop. I don't think I could have taken much more today. So we turned around and headed back from the rest area at the top of hill and pulled in after a couple of wrong turns to find the place again.

Supper is the next form of business once we have settled in. Took a bit of a walk to get the kinks out and settled in at an Arbys for some cheese sticks while hubby had a double layers sandwich. Sure tasted good after a day on the road.

Back at the room we debated as to whether just relax or go to the pool and soak for a while. The hot tub won out and we went to soak for a bit. It loosened up some of the kinks and just felt so invigorating. I went from the pool to the hot tube and back again a few times. Some of the stiffness is gone but now I am starting to feel things stiffen up again.

Anyways the countryside of BC is beautiful when everything is not so dry. The weather is cooperating and hope that it keeps cooperating. I really don't want to see much in the way of rain for this trip. It will make for a wet process on the bike. I know the weather is going to get hotter the further south we go. Just have to see how far we can make it before I say it is time to go home as I can't take much more. Don't want to ruin his trip but if I can't do anymore it is over.

Well for now that is it. Next time I find internet service will get on again.

No comments:

Post a Comment