the bike

the bike

Saturday 18 August 2012

Day nine. Another hot day of driving

Need water please. That was one hot drive. We made it the last legs of Montana and are now in Idaho. The temperature in very hot here. I think it made it up over 35 degrees while we wet driving. To top it all off we end up behind slow moving cars and construction, which made it slower going then what we wanted. It was suppose to be an easy 5 hour drive and took about seven by the time we were done. Then to get into Sandpoint Idaho we find out it is a beach town and the Best Western is full because it is down by the beach. Yeah we figured we would get here early enough to get a room so didn't book ahead. Well we are now at a Quality Inn just off the main road. Don't really care were we are as long as there is a bed and a place to relax for a while and get out of the heat.

We started out this morning with coats on but as the day progressed it started to get really hot. Off came the coat and then a little while latter off came the vest. Wanted to roll up the sleeves on my shirt but then I would have ended up with a sunburn like you wouldn't believe. The sun was just a beating down on us and was starting to feel like we were going to dehydrate. That was one hot drive.

So tomorrow it is going to be an easy drive. Well so he says. One minute he says will drive for a couple of hours and then the next he says will get up early And hightail it for home. My legs are not going to take that. I have enough trouble getting up the stairs now or for that matter trying to walk too far.

So tomorrow I am hoping for a short ride. Just have to wait and see though. Sometimes there are always other plans. I just am not going to take too much more before things start to go wrong for me. I am still holding my own, but everyday seems to get a little more stiffer.

Well two more days and should be home. At least I am hoping

No comments:

Post a Comment