the bike

the bike

Sunday 12 August 2012

Day three. I'm gonna complain now

Well before I get to the days events I think I will do a little complaining here. First off I really WANT TO GET OFF THIS BIKE NOW!!!! My legs are killing me and my back and my feet well they are starting to swell. NOT GOOD!!! I get on and am okay for a bit then the blood just stops flowing through my legs and the pressure just starts building until I am saying GET ME OFF NOW!!!

Well that isn't exactly what happen. We drive and drive and there just isn't anyplace that is good to stop at. So I just wiggle this way and that to get comfortable for another little while.

Another problem is there is got to be a pee break in there someplace. The route we were taking didn't have much in the way of rest areas or towns for that matter. The GPS took us around a route that didn't have much except roads and trees.

Okay enough of the whining. Got any cheese to go with that.

We left Browning early this morning. Not realizing there was a time change so everyone is an hour ahead of us.

You know the signs say to watch out for deer on the road they didn't mention that you should be watching out for cows on the road. There was a whole herd of them just a graising on the side of the road and across the road. Not easy to see as you are coming around a sharp curve.

Well yesterday we made an elevation of 6600 feet and today found another elevation of 6100 feet. Up and down we go. Montana is a very hilly place. You head up and down then come to some prairie area and then right back into hilly again. The heat now is getting pretty hot too. It was okay going this morning but by this afternoon the temperature got up fairly high.

Well we finally made it to north of Yellowstone National Park. Staying at a Best Western for the night and tomorrow will head into the park and drive the loop and out the other side heading for Rapid City to go the Mount Rushmore. From there we will see how things are going and whether we will be going down or heading back the other way.

Want to make it down to Vegas and see the Grand Canyon. But if I am not doing too great the trip may be cut short. Wait and see what happens I guess.

Construction found us in a couple of places as well today. Not great to drive a bike over huge rocks in the middle of the road. Big huge ruts and huge holes in the road. Just glad there was no water on the road or it would have made it allot slicker to drive on.

Oh and one railroad track just about flipped me off the bike as well. He was driving over and there was a huge hump on the other side of the tracks. I went flying up on the air and then back down onto the seat. Glad the backrest was there or I would have been sitting on the pavement I thinks. Scared the shit out of me. Time to think about holding on a bit. I need a seat belt but they don't make them for bikes.

Oh yeah one other thing. Bikers are sure friendly people. They all wave at you as you are their best buddy. Don't know who they are but they all wave. Seems the be a given thing. Your in a car and no one takes notice of you, but get on a bike and everyone knows everyone. They wave even if they are stopped on the side of the road.

Also the next place we are heading has a Harley dealer there. Want to make bets we will stop in for a look see.

So tonight had a dip in the pool and hot tub again. Aw!!! Feels so nice. Hope it gets out some of the kinks but for now it doesn't feel like it is going to I can still feel we're I hurt.

Well that's all for now. Talk again tomorrow of I get Internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment